Already a member? Sign in
* * *
The personal data gathered via the Web Site is processed under the responsibility of Weroom, a company registered in Paris, France under no. 752 533 356, whose registered address is 37 rue de Châteaudun, 75009 Paris, France (hereinafter ”Weroom” or “We”), which is the party responsible for the processing of this data.
The gathering and the processing of your personal data are governed by the provisions of France’s data protection law dated 6 January 1978, as modified by France’s law of 6 August 2004, and have been declared to France’s Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés [data protection watchdog] (CNIL).
Weroom is committed to respecting the privacy of the Users of its Web Site.
Should you have a question concerning the protection of your personal data by Weroom, you can write to our customer service unit at the following address: email@example.com
ARTICLE 1 GATHERING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Weroom gathers personal data when you visit the Web Site, when you create a Weroom account, when you place an order for services, when you take part in a competition, etc.
Weroom gathers the following personal data:
- Data concerning your identity: family name, first name, postal address, e-mail address, photograph, home and mobile telephone number, age and gender;
- Data concerning your methods of payment: bank card number, bank card expiry date;
- Data concerning your transaction, such as the number of the transaction, details of the service purchased;
- Data concerning the relationship between you and us: correspondence with Weroom’s customer service unit, exchanges and comments by existing and prospective clients, requests for sales documentation, exercising of the right to withdraw;
- Data concerning the payment of our invoices: terms of payment, discounts provided, refunds;
- Data concerning the selection of persons for customer loyalty operations, prospecting for new clients, conducting surveys, testing products and engaging in promotional actions;
- Data concerning the organisation and the running of competitions, lotteries and any promotional operation, such as the date of participation, the answers given to the competition and the nature of the prizes offered;
- Data concerning the contributions of the persons who post ads on services or content, such as their user ID.
ARTICLE 2 TERMS GOVERNING THE GATHERING AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We gather the data that you disclose to us when you fill in the online forms for the creation of a Weroom account and for the creation of your ads, as well as when you use the services of the Web Site or when you contact us. When you create your Weroom account via an account opened on a third party social networking site, we obtain the personal data that you have disclosed on this third party web site, within the limits permitted by the parameters that you defined on this third party web site.
The fields in the forms which must be filled in order for you to be able to use the services are marked by an asterisk.
None of the personal data gathered from the Users of the Web Site is kept for more than 3 years following the last order placed, the last ad published, or the cancellation of a Weroom account, subject to Weroom’s obligation and right to retain data for longer in order to meet its legal obligation to store certain documents (invoices for instance) and to establish evidence of a right or a contract.
When it comes to data concerning bank cards, Weroom does not systematically store data concerning its clients’ bank cards. This data is thus deleted once the order has been placed.
ARTICLE 3 USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Weroom gathers your personal data in order to:
- Enable the Users of the Web Site to use it and to provide the services requested by the Users of the Web Site;
- Manage invoices, payments and accounts;
- Manage its relationships with its clients, claims and complaints, conduct satisfaction surveys, and poll clients for their opinions about its services;
- Prevent and detect frauds and wrongful behaviour;
- Send out notifications, newsletters and promotional offers;
- Perform operations to prospect for clients, including processing its clients file, selecting persons from the file, and conducting client prospecting operations;
- Compile sales statistics;
- Organise competitions, lotteries and promotional offers;
- Manage requests for access, correction, modification and challenges involving personal data;
- Manage disputes.
ARTICLE 4 ARTICLE 4 DATA TRANSFERS
Transfers to subcontractors
Weroom will not sell your data to third party companies. The information gathered may however be disclosed to third parties linked to Weroom by a contract for the performance of subcontracted tasks needed for the management of your account, your orders and payments, or our customer service (such as companies in charge of processing online payments, banking establishments, hosting companies, subcontractors, etc.).
In the case of subcontractors which are based outside the European Union, Weroom has implemented the requisite guarantees to ensure that your personal data is covered by a level of protection equivalent to that provided in the European Union.
Visibility of the data by other Users of the Web Site
Should you be looking for a flatshare or a sharer, by using our search service, you implicitly consent to some personal data from your profile (solely your first name, age and photograph, if you have provided one) being made visible to the Users of the Web Site and being displayed in the Weroom accounts of the Users of the Web Site who correspond to your search criteria and/or who are looking for a sharer corresponding to your profile or a flatshare corresponding to your ad.
Please note that Weroom will not disclose your other personal data (such as your contact details) to the Users of the Web Site.
ARTICLE 5 YOUR RIGHTS
You have a right to access and to rectify your personal data.
To exercise this right, you can:
- Access your Weroom account in order to view your personal data and modify it.
- Contact us by telephone on +33 1 45 72 55 89, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by regular post: Weroom, 37 rue de Châteaudun, 75009 Paris, France.
Weroom may send you promotional material and newsletters for similar services to those that you use on the Weroom Web Site. You can oppose this free of charge by:
- Clicking on the link provided to that end in each newsletter and each promotional offer sent by electronic mail;
- Contacting us by telephone +33 1 45 72 55 89, by e-mail (email@example.com) or by regular post: Weroom, 37 rue de Châteaudun, 75009 Paris, France.
You also have the right to challenge the processing of your personal data, including the data that is necessary for the services provided by the Web Site. To that end, you can cancel your Weroom account. This cancellation will result in the erasure of your personal data. Once your account has been effectively cancelled, you will no longer be able to use our services on the Web Site.
ARTICLE 6 COOKIES
Weroom uses “cookies”.
Cookies enable us:
- To record data concerning a form that you may have filled in on our Web Site (registration or access to your account) or concerning products, services or information that you have chosen on our Web Site (content of a shopping basket, etc.);
- To compile statistics and determine the volumes of hits and of usage of the various elements comprising our Web Site (sections and content viewed, navigation, etc.), enabling us to improve the interest and the ergonomics of our services;
- To adapt the presentation of our Web Site to the display settings and parameters of your terminal (display resolution, operating system used, etc.) upon your visits to our Web Site, depending on the display parameters and browsing hardware and software applications used by your terminal;
- to implement security measures, for instance when you are asked to reconnect to a given content or service after a certain length of time;
- to operate the audio or video media players in order to enable you to see the content sought on the Web Site.
You can prevent cookies being recorded by configuring your browser using the “cookies management” function. When you select “notify me before accepting a cookie”, you will be warned upon arrival of a cookie and you may oppose its storage of your browser software.
The period of retention of data gathered via cookies is 12 months.
ARTICLE 7 SECURITY
Access to your personal data is limited to the employees of Weroom whose duties require them to view this data in order to provide you with the Weroom products.
Your personal data is stored and processed by Weroom in accordance with the prevailing laws, rules and regulations concerning the protection of personal data.
Weroom uses a standard protocol for encryption over the Internet (the “SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” protocol) to encrypt the personal data that you send upon placing an order via the Web Site.
To check that you are in a secure area of the Web Site before disclosing personal data, ensure that the screen displays the image of a closed padlock or a whole key.
ARTICLE 9 APPLICABLE LAW